5.27.2009

thin lines


last night, i met my friend todd webb (a prolific local comic book creator & musician) at a coffee shop by my house for a doodlers' support group. i got to see and hear a lot of great stuff related to freelance comics.

we also doodled. i'd left my usual doodling implements at work, so on the way out the door i grabbed a micron pen left over from my days of obsession with drawing in ever-thinner lines, and soon it all came rolling back. it is hard to resist hatching everything to death when provided with the opportunity to draw impossibly small.

along with appearances from notepad staples like iron man and undiscernable ninja turtle #1, i also produced some todd webb fanart in the form of a space captain from the forthcoming "kites" graphic novel. i got to hold the original pages in my hands last night, and i couldn't be more excited for the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment