3.04.2009

axe attack


this is from one our weekly friday meetings at work, where about a dozen of us get together to report on what we've spent the week doing. or in my case, to doodle while a bunch of backend programming talk goes way over my head.

the week i drew this, i was finishing up the lord of the rings trilogy (in book and film forms), so i was clearly preoccupied with fantasy imagery (and again, drawing myself).

this was also a study for using myself as a character in my acusor comic strips, although needlessly intricate, in retrospect.

i threw an elf woman in there so that if anybody noticed my doodles, it wouldn't be all shirtless men. i'm terrible at drawing females. there's an elusive balance between simple and feminine that i haven't figured out exactly how to translate yet. anyway, she ended up in the comic, too.

not sure why one of the matts came out bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment